Today is my last day of being 29 years old! It’s the end of a decade, and (almost) the beginning if a new. I’m ready to rock this opportunity; but first let me share 29 things about me I’ve learnt, achieved, loved, lost, grown, and sown over the years.
These are slightly random, and in no particular order, but 100% my truth.
1.Breathing and health are very important things.
2. Hurt people, hurt people.
3. Seeing isn’t believing, believing is seeing.
4. Against the odds I graduated with a BA in journalism.
5. I was part of a dance school for 13 years, and almost became a dance teacher.
6. I’ve travelled the world in less than 3.5 weeks, and spent 73 hours on a plane doing it.
7. I’ve wrote and lost my first novel, and retrieved it again.
8. Lots of people can handle your gift in life, but only a few can handle your dirt and still stick around. Treasure relationships and the moments.
9. I failed my driving test 3 times before I passed. Good things come to those who wait! 😉 …I am still learning patience.
10. Everything is made beautiful in it’s time.
11. I flew to Paris for the day (once) and ate an Italian dinner.
12. I’ve lived in Yorkshire.
13. I moved to London.
14. I first sipped whiskey after moving out of Scotland.
15. I sing for the first time in front of an audience when I was 4 yrs old. (My debut single was Away in a Manager).
16. I wrote my first full song I’m found in 2007.
17. I’ve learnt that it takes many steps to build a staircase. This is true for our dreams, relationships, and anything we wish to see in our lives.
18. Desire without action is just a dream.
19. Know, Be, and Do in that order.
20. Pain without purpose is unbearable, but pain with purpose can be endured.
21. We can’t do everything, but we can all do something.
22. Everyone has gifts and an instinct inside, what we do with them is our daily choice.
23. Carrying a light load makes the journey more enjoyable.
24. I created my first job when I was 12 yrs old. No one would sell me a newspaper round, so I built my own by chapping on many doors. I started delivering to 30 homes, and grew it to 120 before I sold it on for the highest price in my area.
25. I was first published at age 12 after winning a competition with my own poem Summer Holiday.
26. I failed English at school.
27. Change is inevitable, growth is a choice.
28. Our greatest enemy in life is our self, and our greatest hindrance to achieving our goals is fear and self doubt.
29. Just do it. (Time waits for no man)
So there you have it… 29 things about me, and my journey in life that you may or may not know. I’ll be updating my video blog on this week (probably Sunday) with an update on my birthday weekend. If you haven’t already checked out, or subscribed to my You Tube channel (so we can hang out) feel free to do that!
Otherwise, check back in on Monday for a special birthday present post on my actual birthday!